RACE START TIME: 8:30 am (5k and 10k start together)
The 10k course begins in front of the Covington YMCA on Newton Drive and ends on Legion Field. The 6.2 mile course travels through historic downtown Covington, right past several beautiful tv and movie film locations. There are three water stops along the route and each mile is marked with signage. The race uses Orion chip timing and is a USATF certified course.
- All ages
- Walkers and runners - please note course will be open to vehicle traffic at 10:30am
- Strollers are welcome, children in strollers do not need to register
- No dogs, please!
YOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
- Race shirt
- Personalized race bib
- Post-race festival featuring live music, free food, and giveaways
- Age group awards will be given in addition to overall awards for males and females.
- A $100 cash prize will be awarded to race record breakers.
INTERESTING SITES ALONG THE ROUTE:
- Elayna and Caroline's houses, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, 2104 Floyd Street
- Maddie's House, SWEET MAGNOLIAS, 2103 Floyd Street
- Lockwood Mansion, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, 2129 East Street
- Gram's House, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, 2136 Conyers Street
- Corner Spa, SWEET MAGNOLIAS, 1144 College Avenue
- Academy Springs Park, used in several films